Background

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Swim on by our Mermaid Party!

There are so many adorable inspirations and ideas out there for a mermaid birthday party.. even if you want to avoid to total Ariel/Disney theme (which I did). I absolutely loved planning this party and kept it relatively simple by a) hosting it at a water park and not our house, and b) reusing a lot of the party materials that we had from previous years. I was also somewhat limited by knowing that I needed to transport it all somewhere, which forced me to keep it to just a few key items.

Fortunately, I caught a few pics of the decor ahead of time because the elements outside that day were not great- lots of wind and having a small amount of time to actually get all set up before the party started meant that I didn't get a lot of great pics of it all set outside. In addition to what is seen below, we also put out Pirate's booty, made a "mermaid" punch, and lots of little cups scattered around with various gummy flavors. I didn't get a pic of the plates and cups, but they were also cute mermaid theme like the napkins seen below and came as a set from Birthday Express. ETSY was as per usual my go-to for the centerpieces, favor labels, etc. The cake was actually from Target which has become my favorite easy place to not spend a ton of money and still get a cute pull-away cupcake type cake for the kids parties.






















1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of tastytreatsandsparklesweets blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete