Background

Monday, June 29, 2015

Cheers and Beers

A friend of ours celebrated her big 5-0 this weekend and I was commissioned to put together a cupcake display for a Cheers and Beers to 50 years party. Her favorite beer is Bud Light, and I saw some similar displays on Pinterest using the cans as holders and I have to say this really did turn out super cute and was not particularly difficult beyond just the tediousness of having to make a lot of cupcakes with a variety of flavors- her favorite is coconut which is not always the most popular so I had to do a couple of batches.

The Fondant beer mug toppers came from Etsy, and were adorable, as was the Cake topper.






Mini shot size solo cups with Bud Light
 




This was my first foray into Coconut flavors for cupcakes.. I combined two recipes from Pinterest and have to say, they turned out surprisingly well considering that I don't love coconut myself. Here is my recipe below (modified to be Gluten Free).

Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Buttercream Frosting

Cake

  • 1 3/4 C Gluten Free Flour
  • 2 t Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t Salt
  • 3/4 C Coconut milk (full fat)
  • 3 large Egg Whites
  • 1 1/2 t Vanilla exract
  • 1 stick Unsalted Butter
  • 3/4 C Sugar
  • 1 C Sweetened flaked Coconut 

Frosting

  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 C confectioners sugar
  • 1/4 C Coconut milk (full fat)
  • 2 t Vanilla extract
  • 1/2 t Coconut extract
  • Sprinkle of salt


No comments:

Post a Comment