Background

Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Jameson Room

This post is inspired by our sweet Cockapoo Winnie's recent Insta fame compliments of Z Gallerie and Z Gallerie Pets!

I recently tagged an Instagram pic of Winnie relaxing on our newest guest room bed, the "Jameson" from Z Gallerie after I discovered that they love people's pictures of their furry friends among their products. Imagine my delight to see that they re-posted it on their Instagram feed, as well as a Pinterest link! Eek! People were both in love with the bed and the dog, which delighted me since I get really excited about home decor- both my own, and seeking inspiration from others. Last check, the picture had over 5500 likes!

Winnie's Insta fame pic


When we decided that it was time to go ahead and furnish our second guest bedroom this spring, we wanted to do it without spending a huge amount of money. I looked around at some less expensive beds that I had seen some interior bloggers recommending that were either tufted or with the wing back headboard, but some variable reviews and questionable fabrics steered me back to Z Gallerie for another bed. Our first guest room has the Jacqueline in the Bella Grey and it is sophisticated and a great color. Both bedrooms have Sherwin Williams Practical Beige for paint. so the grey pops out very nicely against that neutral. I hesitated about getting another grey bed worried about the matchy factor, but in the end the styles are distinctly different and you can't see them in the same eye line with the way the rooms are situated. Now it did take us three beds to finally get one in the Jameson that wasn't damaged, but the Z Gallerie customer service was very good throughout that process.


Since we opted for the slightly more expensive bed, my mission for the rest of the room- which is quite small- was to find some accents and decor that gave it a finished enough look without spending a ton more money. The bedding I got on final sale clearance from Pottery Barn, and the throw blanket was a steal on sale from West Elm for $10. I knew that I wanted a mirrored side table like we had done in the other room and tried to find a deal on one, but couldn't really beat the quality of the ones from Lamps Plus.. I started with a cheaper option from Overstock which arrived completely shattered so ended up spending the extra just to get a decent piece. The lamp was a clearance item at Home Goods, and then I picked up the mirror at Target, which in person has a bit more of a champagne silver finish than would appear from online and worked well with the lamp.



The acrylic tray and flowers are also Home Goods. Originally I was going to do yellow for a pop of color, but in the end I preferred the softer hues after seeing the room coming together. I've become a little obsessed with the tray on the corner to the bed after seeing some super cute styling of them on Pinterest and the like. I used ours to set out bottled water and little treats for our guests this spring which helped to create an inviting welcome!



There is a large open wall across from the bed that could use a little love one of these days to better finish off the space. My dream is for an original piece from Erin Gregory. I'm not always such a fan of the still life genre, but the colors she uses are just stunning, and I absolutely adore them.





For a guest room wall that can't really be seen unless laying on the bed, I'm not sure that I could justify the price point for one of her originals, so I might be willing to settle for a reprint on canvas like this one below that One Kings Lane carries.




No comments:

Post a Comment