Background

Friday, June 12, 2015

Let Your Inner Sparkle Out

Every girl needs a passion, right? One of mine is definitely sparkly and fun or unique accessories. I am always on the lookout for new pieces that will add a little something to an outfit or make an otherwise plain ensemble seem a little more special. My collection has definitely evolved over time as my aesthetic has also, and so I tend to rotate pieces in and out of favor. We don't have a particularly large closet, but installing simple hooks to the wall allows for a cute display along with the acrylic monogram trays, and then I can easily rotate my pieces depending on what my current favorites are.











Here are some links to a few of my favorite sites to go looking for inexpensive statement pieces. Most of these I have stumbled across from reading fashion bloggers that feature them. The quality can be somewhat variable at times, but the price points are great for something that you only want a few wears out of.

Jane
Bauble Bar
Mindy Mae's Market
Swell Caroline
Love Stylize
Purple Peridot
Ily Couture
Fornash

I love Kate Spade, Lilly, and J. Crew jewelry (as clearly evidenced above) but I refuse to really buy any of it at full price. The quality is certainly nicer than the more discount sites, but at times is actually still not worth the price point I think that they try and charge for some of it. I have purchased several branded items off Ebay and occasionally Amazon will have really good prices on Kate Spade as well. J. Crew Factory is another great place to get good deals on pieces that are similar to what is in the J. Crew stores. Also, I like that Factory has tended to air more on the preppy side of late while J. Crew is going through a bizarre boho evolution that is too funky for me. Kate Spade has good sales every few months which also feature their outlet products and Lilly has an annual sale in the summer. Bloomingdales is another place to get some great prices on Kate Spade because when they have promotions they don't exclude that as a brand from them.

My original love for statement jewelry really developed with an introduction to Etsy which happened for me about five years ago when it was still relatively under the radar. I went through a period of time where I was looking for unique one of a kind pieces, almost towards the vintage style and Etsy is awesome for that. Also, there are some jewelry makers in Israel that do stunning pieces- many of the stud earrings in my collection are EldorTina and Iloniti. I would buy so many more combinations from them if I could, and the quality well exceeds their price point.

I take a lot of selfies so that I can send my latest acquisitions or combinations to my sister to see. It's silly and our husbands think we are ridiculous, but we have fun with it. One of my favorite parts of the J. Crew pieces is their ability to be layered together, which is what I have been playing around with a lot lately. A staple piece has definitely been the Factory multi strand pearl necklace combined with one of the simple crystal pieces or my gold monogram necklace. It has been featured in a variety of ways a lot already so far this spring and summer.










Happy accessorizing!


No comments:

Post a Comment