Background

Friday, June 5, 2015

Not Your Average Bear

Let me introduce you to one of my few Midwest obsessions. There are very few midwestern items or traditions that I have honestly become attached to in my time here, but the Albanese Confectionary is a solid exception to that statement. I originally found the gummy bears on Amazon a few years back while searching for some rainbow colored candies for a birthday party. They had a variety pack with a bunch of pretty pastel colors, and then I noticed that the same company made cute flower and butterfly shapes, so I ordered several batches which made for very cute additions to a candy buffet display. Only later did I realize that the company was actually based here in Indiana, and that the local grocery stores actually use Albanese bears in their bulk gummy selections. You can tell an authentic Albanese bear by the subtle "A" on their tummies. Coming home from a business trip this week in Chicago, the hubs was sweet enough to make a little detour to the store and bring back some fresh yummies directly from the source. The chocolate covered bears were to die for.. Hence, there are no pictures of them because I inhaled them. Their chocolate is so rich and delicious! I highly recommend for your next party!!










Gummy Cubs
Gummy Butterflies
Awesome Blossoms
Chocolate Bears
Milk Chocolate Dried Blueberries
Milk Chocolate Caramel Corn

No comments:

Post a Comment