Background

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Devil's Food Cake with Marshmallow Creme Cupcakes

I keep saying that I need to stop baking, but then I seem to keep finding good excuses to get right back to it. I made these for a work party, and they turned out super delish. To make these, I pulled from a couple of similar Pinterest recipes and then free styled a bit.



Recipe
Prepare one box of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake mix and divide easily (I find that this mix makes for around 16 cupcakes). I bake mine usually for a few minutes longer than directed since I do them at 325 degrees. I cheated for the icing and went with pre-made whipped milk chocolate to keep things easy with a few white chocolate chips for garnish.

The Creme Filling
Mix together the following and then spoon into a scooped out center of the cooled cupcakes.
1 container marshmallow cream
1/2 C softened butter
1/3 C powder sugar
1 T water
1/4 t salt


Every time I have used this mix people comment on how incredibly moist the cupcakes are. I love all of the Betty Crocker Gluten Free mixes and find that they are easy to modify for new flavors and really don't taste noticeably different from standard baked good mixes. Having these mainstream mixes be so readily available in normal grocery stores is huge for someone like myself with Celiac, but honestly I would recommend these mixes for anyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment